Mpg

ischlep

My RX330 is only 3 months old. I seem to averaging only 16 mpg while the window sticker on the new car indicated 22 city and 26 highway, give or take. I called the dealer, did the calculations twice as he instructed and came out with 15.6 mpg. I took it in, they ran "diagnostics" and said the car was just fine and running as expected. Help! They can't really mean 10 mpg falls within "your mileage may vary" can they? What kind of fuel mileage is everyone else getting?

By the way, I'm over 50 and have 2 kids. I DO NOT drive like a race car driver. Lots of city errands and about 30% freeway driving.

My RX330 is only 3 months old. I seem to averaging only 16 mpg while the window sticker on the new car indicated 22 city and 26 highway, give or take. I called the dealer, did the calculations twice as he instructed and came out with 15.6 mpg. I took it in, they ran "diagnostics" and said the car was just fine and running as expected. Help! They can't really mean 10 mpg falls within "your mileage may vary" can they? What kind of fuel mileage is everyone else getting?

By the way, I'm over 50 and have 2 kids. I DO NOT drive like a race car driver. Lots of city errands and about 30% freeway driving.

We have a new 330, bought about the same time. We get about that mileage, which is very disappointing since we traded in a LX 470 because of the mileage. We're in Texas, but I don't remember the sticker showing up to 25 mpg.

I have an 01 AWD RX300 with 38k miles and the best I have ever done strictly hwy is ~23MPG and that's with the A/C compressor completely disabled. 17MPG seems to be about right for around town.

My RX330 is only 3 months old.  I seem to averaging only 16 mpg while the window sticker on the new car indicated 22 city and 26 highway, give or take.  I called the dealer, did the calculations twice as he instructed and came out with 15.6 mpg.  I took it in, they ran "diagnostics" and said the car was just fine and running as expected.  Help!  They can't really mean 10 mpg falls within "your mileage may vary" can they?  What kind of fuel mileage is everyone else getting?

By the way, I'm over 50 and have 2 kids.  I DO NOT drive like a race car driver.  Lots of city errands and about 30% freeway driving.

We have a new 330, bought about the same time. We get about that mileage, which is very disappointing since we traded in a LX 470 because of the mileage. We're in Texas, but I don't remember the sticker showing up to 25 mpg.

There are a lot of articles that came out this week on how wrong the EPA mileage estimates are. Basically, if you look at the ranges for each of the numbers (on the window sticker) and take the lowest numbers, then that's about what to expect. The computer on our RX330 reports an average of 24MPG for 80%Hwy/20%City with regular fuel. That's better than my Maxima at 21MPG on premium. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/u...buyersoffcourse

Right after we bought our '04 a few months ago. we fully loaded it and drove it to the Oregon Coast. Still got about 23 mpg on that trip, and get about 17 or so around town. Seems within norms to me. Maybe you could have someone see if there are little things you do that waste gas.

Right after we bought our '04 a few months ago. we fully loaded it and drove it to the Oregon Coast. Still got about 23 mpg on that trip, and get about 17 or so around town. Seems within norms to me. Maybe you could have someone see if there are little things you do that waste gas.

Our roadtrip from WA - N. CA - S. CA - WA we averaged 22-24 MPG at an average speed of 70 MPH. I used both 87 and 91-92 Octane gas, which made no difference in MPG. Around town, 90% city, 10% Freeway, we get around 17 MPG.

'04 RX330 AWD

Never trust the window decals for mpg claims for ANY new vehicle. They represent laboratory and proving ground tests with professional drivers. None of us ever drive under those optimum conditions.

My wife has a 2000 RX300. She's a cautious driver, but does do about 70 to 72 on our 65 mph freeways, usually on cruise control. Her vehicle's mpg display rarely budges from 19.8 to 20.

Other than cautious driving habits, the best thing you can do to maximize your mpg is to ensure that your tire pressure is never low. I run her RX300's P225/70/16 tires at about 31.5 to 32 psi year-round, and I check the tire pressure every weekend without fail. Your 2004 RX330 probably has 18-inch wheels with a lower-profile tire, so check your Owners Manual for the recommended tire pressure and bump it up by a couple of psi. Vehicle manufacturers typically recommend slightly lower tire pressures because it results in a softer ride which means they get fewer customer complaints - until the original tires wear out by 25,000 miles....

Our 330 AWD is 2.5 months old and we get about 20 with the a/c disabled (city driving mostly). Strictly highway with no a/c is about 23-25. If the A/C is on it goes down to 17-18. The lowest we ever got was 17.1, on a brutally hot week. Note: actual mpg calculated at the pump, not what the computer falsely claims. The computer is always about 9/10th of a mpg above actual :(

It's pretty much performing as the sticker said.

Mike