A Few Led's Out In My Brake Light, Any Way To Fix?

im about to call up the dealer to get a price on a new spoiler brake light because 5 or 6 of the LEDs right in the center of the light are out..im sure it wont be cheap so before i call does anyone know if just the few LED's can be replaced and how, or do i really have to buy a whole new light...

thanks in advance for the help

mike d.

so i just called the nealest lexus stealer which is about an hour from where i live. the LED alone costs $250 not including installation. i checked out the spoiler and there arent any screws or anything like that to even take the light out...does anyone have any info on how this part can be removed so if i do end up buying it i can just have it sent here instead of driving 2 hours to the dealer and having them charge me another $100 just to install the light which will probably take them about 2 seconds.

my friend told me the same thing, thats what i thought the whole benefit of LED's was, that they pretty much never burn out...any suggestion on how to get them working again? the light is pretty self contained im not even sure how it detatches from the wing (no screws)..im assuming it snaps but i dont want to break a clip by just yanking at the thing till its out....

There should be double sided adhesive holding the led panel in place or 2 screws under the led panel [ probably painted red ] If it is the double sided tape it pulls off [ get a hair dryer and heat the panel , this should aid in the removal ] I'm trying my best to help you !!!

alright guys thanks for the help and quick responses.. i know its no big deal it just looks like garbage without all the lights working and i think with the info i just got from you both ill be able to solve the prob. without havin to shell out all kinds of cash to the dealer..thanks again

mike d.