Grinding On Left Turns?

Hey Ya'll..

A lil' worried about my '98 Gs300.. Help me out if you have some thoughts..

When making what seems to be Left turns only, I can occasionally hear the what sounds like a slightly high-pitched Rotational grind... I'm not too much of a techie myself, so you could imagine how difficult it is for me to describe or diagnose..

Anyway, it's not quite a squealing, but somethin' sounds as though it might be grinding. Thanks for your thoughts...

TEK

Thank u, Guy..

99% of the time?? dayumm.. sounds like yer quite sure..

I'm a lil' disappointed with the Dealer. I've recently bought the car and took it to a separate Lexus tech for inspection. They had made some recommendations and if I'm not mistaken, that was one of em that he told me he would take care of.

Looks like I'll be "bringin' the pain" to him!!

Good lookin' out...

TEK

Tek,

front wheel bearings are very easy to change yourself. you can do the job in about two hours taking your time. get the info on performing this task and you can save yourself a chunk of change.

i will soon change my front wheels bearing as well and will do it in my garage on my 98gs3

Phillip Frank,

Hey.. I wish I had the knowhow my friend... any documents online that you might recommend? Thanx in advance...

and skperformance,

Good to see some GTA heads in here.. where do u go for service locally? any recommendations for some reliable Lexus tekkie help?

Cheers, ya'll.. Callin' the dealer tomorrow.. Thanx for yer thoughts!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hey i think i know what that might be it might not be a big problem... i've seen some gs's that the plastic splash guard in the wheel well came off on.. so if you get the chance just look up in there and look for the plastic that is hanging down or is melted.. if this is it it would be making a high pitch almost metal on metel kind of sound that occurs when your suspention travells.

hope this helps