Amsoil Series 2000 0w30... Synthetic Oil

The 8% on the CCS is so small it is not even funny here. The temps for these ratings are different but look at the pumping temp and pour here. CCS is cold crank simulator it show the oil flows during a certain time interval and certain temp rise (I think 5 degrees C). The CCS is intergral to SAE J300 I think. I can look up these spec in the am if need be., I think, again, think the viscosity maximums are about 1.6 to 1.8 times the old values.

Yes, these values are for un-used oils here. Yes, 2 engines could have different values but they should not be a huge delta here since these cars have good quality control (aka SPC). If they are way different it is not engine related here.

Both oils are good but for the short drains you are doing I do not think you are going to see anything jumping out on an oil tests to say, “wow the series 2000” is great. I personally think they (series 2000 and 3000) are overpriced for what you get. But that is me.

Oh, there short drains for Amsoil diesel oils are going to be 25K or 1-year starting in 2006 because or there new filters. Now that is impressive for a wiesel. There new bike oil is also gone the extra mile here. Again, I like there oils, but do not trust there little fancy books nor half on what dealers say since most times they are incorrect.

I know I'm really late on this one, but I figured I'd throw in my $.02.

I've never heard of any oil that only needs to be replaced every 15k. I've been using Mobil1 since I got my '93 SC4 at 88k but would love an alternative to the frequent $62 oil changes. I put about 22k/yr on my ride. This Amsoil product sounds like the automotive fountain of youth. I'll have to really look into that for myself. I used to do all my own oil changes, but it's just too hard to get to the filter on the SC4.

But I thought it might be interesting to some to know that my previous car ('91 Integra) ran 273k on conventional oil. Off & on during the last 4 years before I sold it, I often went 10k to 12k without changing and sometimes without even topping the oil off - (not that I'm proud of having mistreated my baby, beleive me, I'm ashamed) - but it's just a testament to the fact that if a Honda engine is designed to be that "bullet proof" - and they are - you know a Lexus engine will far surpass that.

Super Coupe,  I think Amsoil actually recomends that my 0W30 be changed every year or 35k.  My filter every 12k (non-Amsoil filter every 3k).

Correct on the oil. The filter is 6 months or 12,500 miles. I would not try that with dino since you will have a sucky oil tests if you did it. :blink: :D :blink:

The Amsoil filters recommend that you change your filters every 12k but Amsoil doesn't guarantee their product against street applications, only Race.

If I were you, I'd still use the conventional synthetics like Mobil1 over Amsoil.

The Amsoil filters recommend that you change your filters every 12k but Amsoil doesn't guarantee their product against street applications, only Race.

If I were you, I'd still use the conventional synthetics like Mobil1 over Amsoil.

As I stated above it is 12,500 miles or 6-months; whichever is first. It seems people never post the OR 6-MONTHS; whichever is first.

From amsoil's website, "In gasoline-fueled engines using any AMSOIL motor oil except AMSOIL XL-7500 Synthetic Motor Oil, change the filter at 12,500-mile or six-month intervals".

For the duration I think you are 180 degrees off. For normal street cars it is "up to" 35K or 1-year. But then again 99.999% of people will NOT be able to go this long on the oil, you can't. That is a fact here. You will be lucky to get 20 to 25K out of it.

Race application have NO guarantee since you need to tests all the time.

From Amsoil's site, "In high performance and racing engines: drain oil according to the findings of used oil analysis." Unless you have a need to keep testing old oil or a large sump, 75% of the time it is cheaper to just buy new oil.

Not starting a war, but this is what gives Amsoil a bad name since people can't note post correct data.