Sc 430 Mods

dbk123

<<<  Posted: Oct 28 2002, 07:01 AM    

I have now owned two SC430s. I have owned many cars my last being an Aston Martin. The SC430 is the smoothest car I have ever driven. However with the run-flat tyres on a slightly bumpy road it is a very hard car to drive and at speed those bumps make the car almost lethal throwing it from one side to the other. Once the run-flat tyres are removed (that’s what the Japanese do) and the restrictors are also removed (that’s what the Japanese do too) then you have the most awesome powerful sexy look at me car on the road, oh you have to change the exhaust system too its is just too quite on the manufacturers system. As for speed I have driven with the mods in excess of 200mph. Without the mods acceleration is slow but top speed is about 150 to 160 mph>>

What are the restrictors, what do they do and how are they removed?

What mods to the exhaust is he referring to?

What tires are the best?

Where did you find that post? 200 mph is unlikely. The restrictors are electronic in nature. The only way to remove them is to use a custom computer. In japan, those pesky auto manufacturers have been known to use something as simple as a bolt under the accelerator pedal. That is a restrictor and probably easy to remove unless the shank is bent. Then a cut off wheel will do the job. As far as exhaust, anything from some aggressive cans to a complete header back system. Don't know of any headers for the 3uz. Not to say they don't exist but I imaging the install would most likely involve pulling the motor out. Maybe not. Complete emissions control elimination. Not cheap. Tires? Wow. Falken, Yokohama, Sumitomo, Kumho, Dunlop, BF Goodrich, - what tires do you want and how much do you want to pay?