2004 Rx330 Engine Rattle.check Eng Lt On

darRX330

Bought a 2004 RX330 with 24 miles on it yesterday. Three hours later had it towed back to dealer. Problems started with enging surging while stopped at red light and foot on the brake, after driving 100 miles. Tried to lurch ahead severly! Pulled over 2 minutes later and heard a very loud and severe lower engine rattle. Check engine light came on. It was dark so not real sure engine had oil in it. The stuff was so new and clean not really sure at this point. Unbeleivable this could happen to a vehicle just driven off showroom floor. Broke down and towed at 121 miles on odometer. Please email me at darc2103@aol.com if anybody has any ideas. My baby is now sitting at the dealers, waiting to be checked/repaired, and they are closed for the weekend. Not the Lexus quality I had expected.

Also, does anybody know if New Jersey has the 3-day cooling off period for new car purchase? Tomorrow will be my third day owning it new, and I would love to give Prestige Lexus this truck back and get a new one.

Dar

:cries: :cries: :cries:

My wife and I picked up our new 2004 RX330 yesterday as well and everything appears to be ok. I believe there is a 3 day opt out on the deal. Regardless Lexus has to make good on this. I wish you luck and will continue to monitor your situation.

Bought a 2004 RX330 with 24 miles on it yesterday.  Three hours later had it towed back to dealer.  Problems started with enging surging while stopped at red light and foot on the brake, after driving 100 miles.  Tried to lurch ahead severly!  Pulled over 2 minutes later and heard a very loud and severe lower engine rattle.  Check engine light came on.  It was dark so not real sure engine had oil in it.  The stuff was so new and clean not really sure at this point.  Unbeleivable this could happen to a vehicle just driven off showroom floor.  Broke down and towed at 121 miles on odometer.  Please email me at    darc2103@aol.com    if anybody has any ideas. My baby is now sitting at the dealers, waiting to be checked/repaired, and they are closed for the weekend.  Not the Lexus quality I had expected. 

Also, does anybody know if New Jersey has the 3-day cooling off period for new car purchase?  Tomorrow will be my third day owning it new, and I would love to give Prestige Lexus  this truck back and get a new one.

Dar

:cries::cries::cries:

I don't know what the law states, but if you press them, it is within their power to get you into a new truck. It is all about $ and how much the dealer and Lexus are willing to do to make a happy customer.

I got a second Jeep GC after having a trannie seal let go on the way home on a new car delivery (albiet it took 3 more visits for them to "try" and fix it) and my brother got a new WRX after almost a year of driving when a tech messed up the paint on his door tring to fix a rattle. He had to pay for some depreciation, but in his cae he had the car a year, and the deal was real fair.

If I owned the dealer, I would get you in a new one ASAP. Then I would fix the one you had and sell it on my used lot (or sell it to an employee for a good deal). For whatever "loss" I had to take, I would arm wrestle with Lexus for participation. Then you are real happy and probably buy cars from me forever.

This is all based on your problem being major, like a broken connecting rod, etc.... If it just some sensor, then just have it fixed and all is well.

Hello again. Well we took the advice of some here and are now picking up our second new RX330 today from Prestige Lexus, NJ. The Sales Consultant contacted us immediatley and said they would take our original vehicle back and give us a new one. The sales guy, Lenny, was the most professional we have ever dealt with.

They still havn't had time to determine what caused the problem. It's sitting at another dealership 100 miles from their's. I will post back here when or if they give me the fix. Thanks for all the responses.

Dar :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How nice btu that is lexus for you , you don;t get to the top of JD powers by telling your customers that "oh that part is not warrantied on your brand new car" as so many domestic owners have to put up with.

I get so annoyed to see the blatent disgregard of customer service when a person has a common problem with a car that they try and blame the customer for like GM and their stupid crappy fuel gauge senders which all go bad, so they blame the gas companies

Last Reply...the service manager told us the lower connecting rod had become disconnected. Can you beleive this happened in a Lexus with 120 miles on it?? Turns out the RX330 engine is built in West Virginia. More than half of all RX330's are built in Ontario, Canada today, as of Oct 2003. Not sure where this one was built.

Here's the VIN: 2T2HA31U84C030647 of the lemon vehicle I bought with 21 miles on it and blew a connecting rod at 120 miles. The dealer says it's going back to Lexus. My guess is some engine mechanic in West Virginia :censored: who built the engine for Lexus was totally incompetent to do their job correctly.

The RX330 is the ONLY Lexus that is not built in Japan. Enough said!

Still, I love the RX330 style, ride, and toys. Finest LUV on the road today!

D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

As far as my experience, Prestige Lexus and their other dealerships, Toyota, BMW, Benz, etc. all have extemely professional personnel and aren't as sketchy as some of the others that i've dealt with in the area and elsewhere.