Changing Alarm/windows/moonroof/lights/ac Options?

K9crew

99 very kindly sent me a Word file that lists numerous options for the security system, door locks, moonroof, windows, A/C, windshield wipers and lights. I'd like to change some of the features in my car such as the volume of the arm/disarm chirps, unlocking all the doors with only one press of the unlock button etc. Does anyone have instructions for changing the numerous features on these cars?

Thanks

:)

I'd like to change some of the features in my car such as the volume of the arm/disarm chirps, unlocking all the doors with only one press of the unlock button etc.

well i dont have a big list like you're asking for but i can take care of one question. all the gen I LS's have a knob that controls the volume of the chirps close to the hood release. it works just like some radios: turn it all the way one way, it clicks off (no audible chirps), and all the way the other way (loudest chirps). im pretty sure that your gen III LS is the same.

1UZ-FE

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if there's a knob near the hood release. The number of options is truly amazing so I think that some form of scan tool may be required (99 suggested this and I'll try to confirm it tomorrow).

I think you're thinking of the C-Best settings. I believe the dealer has the strong arm on this one. :(

Blake,

Thanks. I just learned that C-BEST = Customized Body Electronics System. Why doesn't Lexus allow owners to change the C-BEST settings? What a joke!! Another way to get money out of people I guess!! Do you know if they use a scan tool of some sort connected to the OBD-II port? I'm going to call my local Lexus dealer on Monday to ask how much they charge for the service. I'm also going to ask them how they make the changes. I also need to ask them how much a new valet key costs.

Thanks

Does this include the 91 as well?

well i dont have a big list like you're asking for but i can take care of one question. all the gen I LS's have a knob that controls the volume of the chirps close to the hood release. it works just like some radios: turn it all the way one way, it clicks off (no audible chirps), and all the way the other way (loudest chirps).

I will check later on today -- but I just want to try and get some clarification for others like me who read this and are not sure if their gen1 is included.

Blake,

Thanks.  I just learned that C-BEST = Customized Body Electronics System.  Why doesn't Lexus allow owners to change the C-BEST settings?  What a joke!!  Another way to get money out of people I guess!!  Do you know if they use a scan tool of some sort connected to the OBD-II port?  I'm going to call my local Lexus dealer on Monday to ask how much they charge for the service.  I'm also going to ask them how they make the changes.  I also need to ask them how much a new valet key costs.

Thanks

I'm sure you could change the settings yourself, but I could only guess how much the scan tool costs! ;) I asked how much the scanning tools they have in the repair manual go for, and a manager told me north of $15k!!! WHAT???? That's crazy! I'm not sure where they plug the scanner into.

Sewell Lex has the valet key for $50...that's a great price! Here's the link(give it a sec. It's slow to open even with my broadband conn.): http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?Su...D=22&ModelID=22

:cheers: