Low Brake Pad Light Is On

TexasLexus94

While replacing my front brake pads and rotors, I broke the right pad sensor. The one that lights up on the dash when the pads are low. Broke the connection at the wire to sensor on the pad. So, of course, now the light is on all the time while driving. I tried to reconnect the wire to the sensor, but I think a part may have fallen off, and it stays lit.

My question is simply-I won't spend money to have the sensor replaced by a dealer, since they will charge the equivalent of the national debt of Bolivia. I really can do without the sensor anyway, since I'm a DIY'er, and certainly would not drive with worn-out pads. I think I know the answer, but I'll ask it anyway-Can I somehow shut off the dash low brake pad light? Or will I have to live with the black tape blocker solution, which I have already installed?

Thanks. BTW, the brakes are perfect now-on my '94 Lexus. I learned-when in doubt, replace the rotors when replacing the pads. Refacing the rotors just delays the inevitable-which may not be that far away.

Thanks

There are two wires going to the sensor, strip them both back and twist then together for a good electrical connection, cover with electrical tape and you're done.

But please don't blame me if the pads wear down and damage the rotor.