2001 Lexus Is300

How's it going everyone? My wife and I just purchased a 2001 Lexus IS 300 a few weeks ago with 65K miles. She mainly drives the car for work and school and I still have my toy, but im now stuck with the detailing and maintaining of both vehicles. :censored:

Some questions i need help with are the following...

1) I really like the OEM wheels on the IS but would like a second set in Chrome, does anyone know who has any for sale locally? (Northern California, Central Valley Area)

2) After staring at the front end for a bit last weekend after vacuuming out both cars in 98 degree heat, i noticed that the orange front bumper lenses throws off the rest of the headlights and foglights somewhat.....where would i be able to purchase the clear front bumper lenses i sometimes see and would the install be difficult?

and 3) is it true that you cannot take your Lexus to a dealer to have the Navigation/DVD system installed. I was told by Lexus of Sacramento that "if it didnt come like that, you cant do it, we get it like that from Japan" and Lexus of Modesto replied opposite? I really like the stock set-up of the IS Navigation system and want to keep the car as stock as possible. No Ricer look, No Pimp Daddy look, just comfortable daily driver.

you could always just polish your wheels, or buy another set and then polish those(I picked up a set of IS300 wheels in perfect condition with a set of kumho's for $450, they're pretty cheap rims). That would be a lot cheaper than getting them chrome, and i have yet to see them made in chrome. Its around $50 a wheel to polish them, around here anyways.

• 4 years later...