Dash Light Bulbs

1UZ-FE

i took off my black piece of guage cluster trim that contains the warning lights tonight. i found 2 burned out bulbs: the open door and airbag lights. my question is: does the dealer charge 'an arm and a leg' for these bulbs? if they do, where can i get them other than the dealer?

Picture_001.jpg

top view

Picture_007.jpg

bottom view

Picture_008.jpg

side view

also, while taking off the piece of trim, as i pulled it out, a small rubber piece fell out and landed on my floorboard. can anyone identify this for me? it appears that a plastic rod went into it and snapped off.

Picture_009.jpg

rubber piece (side view)

Picture_010.jpg

rubber piece (top view) on the top of the rubber piece, you can see what appears to be a plastic rod sheared off. (the bulb is in the pic to show scale.)

thanks in advance

-UPDATE-

went to the dealer today. they couldn't seem to find the right replacement. they know they dont have the right one in stock, but they can order on tomorrow.

Radioshack didn't have it, Autozone didn't, carquest, pep boys, advanced auto parts... NONE OF THEM HAVE IT!!

for those of you that have done this: if you bought it at a dealer, what is the part number?? please try to find this for me.

Thx a ton for all of your help everyone.

When I took my car to the dealer to check the airbag light- they discovered that the airbag had been disconnected and light removed. They reconnected and reset the system for $30.00. They only charged $1.30 for the bulb. I wish I had of known they had access to the bulbs, because my "door open" light is also out- which is now the only light on my instrument cluster that does not work.

I will look for my dealer receipt tomorrow and see if the bulb part # is on there.

radioshack definitely has them, they are in the miniature lamp/bulb section and are usually found in the drawer displays. you need to remove the bulb from the gray base, here's a link to the bulb...

miniature lamp

again, make sure it's the T-1 3/4 size, not the smaller T-1 size.

ummm...not exactly. i went to radioshack today and matched up the catalog numbers: 272-1092. the bulb that radioshack carries (the 272-1092) is about half the size as the one i pulled from my car. not only is the bulb itself smaller, but the 2 wires that come out of the bulb are about 3 times longer than the OEM bulb. you also said it's a 12 volt bulb.....wrong again.

i went to the dealer again today. the guy at the commercial parts counter (who i talked to yesterday) could not seem to find the right bulb (again). he was looking through schematics on his computer and didn't see the bulb anywhere. long story short (i know, too late :rolleyes: ), he was looking at the wrong diagram. he found the right diagram and found the bulb. the part number is 8499950270. it's a 14 volt bulb which sells for $10. he ordered 2 bulbs for me (none in stock) which will be in tuesday.

thanks for all your help guys.

ah haaaaaaaaaa. i see now. i didn't want to seem snappy and rude but after re-reading my previous post, i see that i was. so is the catalog number 272-1092 for just that specific bulb that i found which is smaller, or is it the type of bulb? i looked through the drawers trying to find even a close match, but did not see anything any closer than what i found today. maybe a different radioshack will have another one. there are atleast 5 near me in raleigh. what about the difference in voltage? radioshack bulb:12V, OEM bulb:14V. is the replacement bulb any dimmer than the OEM ones?