Buying Sc300 Tomorrow

I found a great deal on an 92 sc300 and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow night.

142k for $5500 the A/C doesn't work but oh well ...The guy just had twins and the wife is making him get a SUV (cute kids) and the dealership was only going to give $3500.

I have been perusing this forum for a couple of days now and I can't find much info on any HP mods that don't require a turbo. I like the idea of a low boost car just to get a little more punch but if I can do that without the expense on a turbo kit all the better.

So if any one has any suggestions that would be great.

I'll post pics Friday :cheers:

Tried to add pic of the car not sure if it worked

post-3-1090456771.jpg

Edited by gogo_sc300

thanks for the info...I pick the car up at 8:00 pm pst tonight..I'm sure I will love the car to death.

I was hoping that I caould get some more power w/out the turbo but I do understand that this engine was more or less designed to be turboed...Oh well guess I'll just get a turbo ;)

Picked up the car last nigh at about 8:30...I LOVE IT...There are a couple of small problems with it (expected as much a got the guy down to $4500). The steering is sloppy, the AC doesn't work, and there is a very small oil leak coming from the valve covers I think.

I'm sure the steering is a bushing problem and the ac really doesn't bother me right now, but I wsa wondering about the oil leak. The guy I bought the car from said it will leak about 1/2 quart every 3k or so. How hard is it to replace the gaskets on this car???

I hope you love your Sc300 as much as I love mine. I have the Jade colo as well but in a '93 - $125k. Until it reached $115K, I had virtually no problems with my car... and I'm a woman drive in LA - primarily. hee hee/. Needless to say, my first year was spent hiding from lookerbys telling me to SLOW DOWN!. Mine isn't turbo and an automatic. After owning a Mustang (manual stick), I had a minute of second thoughts as to performance. But... it was just a minute. I've been smiling while driving ever since - a bit slower though since I unwillingly became "friends" with the DMV and my insurance company. :-) I don't intend to exaggerate. My Mustang was a V6 and was not the performance I expected; but I've never regretted buying my Lexus and I'll be sad the day we part. Plus it still looks beautiful! I'm constantly told it looks much younger than it's age. ;) Anyway... my alternator crashed, I'm told. So I'm due to get it analyzed after I receive advice. - hence my recent membership -first online group I have joined in my 15 years of online computing. It must have been the cool people writing messages, the privacy control, the management hands-on website control and active participation... - but glad to finally feel confortable on a professionally run and good group of Like Minded Lexus owners. Have fun! :cheers:

Of my car or of her ??? :lol: My digital camera just took a nose dive into the pavment..I'll be getting a replacment thisa weekend I hope.

Just wanted to say that everyone has been very helpful and that this is the best forum I have ever belogned to. Thanks goes to the admins and all the regular posters. (to bad there isn't a buttkiss emote)