Is This A Good Deal?

Heres my situation,

I'm buying a house and in order to get my loan I cant have a car payment. Im currently driving a 2000 Jetta VR6. A local import dealer has a 93 SC400, white with tan leather, 155,000 miles on his lot for $5900.

Im planning on taking the car to my mechanic to get it checked out before buying, and he said if the general timing belt and other wear items have not been changed it would probably cost about $800 or so for a complete tune up.

The deal I'm looking for is to trade my car and throw him about $2500.

Sounds preaty good. Keep us posted about how things turn out after you get it checked by your mechanic. Take the VIN # of the car and take it to your local Lexus dealer and they can pull up all the maintance record of the car done by the Lexus dealers anywhere in the country. You can call them first; you can find your local Lexus dealer from here: www.lexus.com

You can look at the specs and features from here: http://www.edmunds.com/used/1993/lexus/sc400/

Be sure to take pictures if you can.

:cheers:

Im not sure what it runs, Ive never raced it. I havent really even ever driven it too hard. Its pretty quick though. Plenty fast for me.

Truthfully, Id rather have a, SC300 with a stick, but I guess they are few and far between.

One ting I was wondering, how much longer should I expect the engine to run strong, and how much will the car depreciate to at about 175-200,000 miles?

Also, can a Toyota dealership run the check on the car or only a lexas dealership? We dont have a Lexus dealer in town. Can they run the check over the phone with the vin #?

a toyota dealership should be able to run a check and as for your question about milage ive got over 200,000 miles on my sc300 and its still running strong which is a bad thing for me i want the damn motor to blow so i can hurry and swap a twin turbo motor in it B)

I have a Red 92 SC400 with 131K miles. I could probably let you have it for lower than what ur getting. The AC does not blow cold air. As far as I know that's the only issue with the car. I had the Toyota dealer run a diagnostic to check the car out and they came back with $1000 to fix it. I think you can get it fixed for cheaper than that. They suspect the evaporator which they quoted at $365.

Let me know