1992 Ls400 Problem

rev joe

Hi, I am new to this forum, thanks.

I have a 92 ls 400 with a problem

Recently, the trac/off and the check engine lights came on at the same time.

They come on only occasionally, usually when my foot is on the brake.

They both go off at the same time a short time after braking.

Some days, they come on often and some days, not at all.

I looked in the owners manual, and it said to take the car to the dealer for repair, which of course, gets expensive.

Apparently, with both lights on at the same time means somthing different than each light on separately.

Any clues as to what the problem is?

Appreciate it.

I believe the trac light comes on whenever an engine code is recorded. The check engine light means there is a code stored in the PCM memory, and a dealer, or independant, mechanic can access it. It may be something simple, it may not be, but hypothesizing about it is not usefull - get the engine scanned to determine the fault.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked in the owners manual, and it said to take the car to the dealer for repair, which of course, gets expensive.

Apparently, with both lights on at the same time means somthing different than each light on separately.

Appreciate it.

I have a 92 LS400 with the same problem, both lights come on and off all the time or not at all.

Also my reverse indicator on the cluster lights up every time i tap the brake pedal. WTF.!!!!

I am a mechanic with Z32 Z31 S130 S30 nissan types but this car is way too techie for me. I need some guidance on this, but im broke from owning about 4 cars now.

This LS is great aside from these peace of mind problems.

Also my air bag light is on, and my brake light bulb warning light is on too.

And it has the tach needle blink, expected, WTF.

What should i do?

contact me here or magnumpi300@yahoo.com

THanks

"THE SNAKE"

I have owned my ls400 since 67k, and it know has 170k. This same problem started with my car around 80k miles. I have done nothing to fix it, and everything runs fine. Just keep the fluids changes and run it til it drops!

Appreciate it.

I've 92 LS400, 155K miles on it. Got check engine light on recently. Read code 25 means "Air-fuel Ratio lean Malfunction", any idea?

Had a check engine light staying on all the time on this 95 Ls400. Went to looking and found split vacuum hose at front of intake manifold plenum. Car idled normally and seemed to run great even with this vacuum leak. Replaced the hose and reset the computer. Light hasn't come on since. Just something to check.

• 5 weeks later...
I have owned my ls400 since 67k, and it know has 170k. This same problem started with my car around 80k miles. I have done nothing to fix it, and everything runs fine. Just keep the fluids changes and run it til it drops!

Did you read out the problem code? My 92 LS400 got check engine light a few weeks ago, the err code is 25. Any suggestion?

I had the same problem, my check engine light came on and then my trac went off, the car ran fine though. I went to the dealer and it turned out that two of my oxygen sensors were malfunctioning, reading that I was taking in lots of air which caused more fuel being dumped into the engine to compensate for the "massive" amounts of air being taken in. The mech said that if I didn't change the sensors I would eventually clog the cat converter and have to get a new one. It was like $650 for parts and labor to replace the two sensors :angry:

hope this helps