2004 Rx330 Fuel Filter replacement

Lexus tells me that my check engine light requires fuel filter replacement.  I'd like to do it myself, because - economy.

Since I have to rip out the seat, carpet, etc.  What parts besides the fuel filter should be replaced while I'm in there? (filter... pump?  gaskets?)

Is there any adhesive required to reseal the floor port as a part of this process?   

This is my first fuel filter/pump replacement, parts are cheap and I'm handy -- looking for expert points/advice

-Christopher

There is just too much we don't know about this diagnosis to even make an intelligent comment . Not having any more info than presented I would be quite skeptical of this diagnosis and would at least get another opinion from a Lexus  or  Toyota dealer. Another option is a good independent mechanic with the proper equipment.

I appreciate the support.  I'm not questioning the diag from the noteable Lexus dealer.  170k miles on the car, Engine light on and this is what they diagnosed as the solution.   I'm just interested in doing the work myself to save some $$, parts seem to be fairly inexpensive, Lexus labor isn't.   But since I'm going through the effort of pulling it apart.  What other components of the pump filter system should or must be replaced at that time?    Changing out the pump just makes sense to do with the filter.   I'm wondering if there's gaskets that should also be replaced in that system during this work to prevent getting into it and not having what I need.

-Christopher

Our Lexus has 270k miles and have never experienced what you have. Fuel in the United States is usually fairly clean and I dont understand why your filter would be clogged unless somebody tampered with the fuel.  You are the first one I have ever heard of having a fuel filter issue on the RX SUV. Usually the filter in the tank is nothing more than a screen. You should be able to take rear seat out and get to access cover. The bolts for seat are infront and the rears can be accessed through trunk area. Good luck