Transmission Jitters 94 Es300

Hello folks,

My 94 ES300 (141K) runs just great, but recently when I gave it gas from a stand still it hardly moved for a few seconds.

I turned the AC and fan down and tried again and once again is failed to move as it should. It just crawled forward.

On the third try it moved better, but not as it should, but once it got going it was just fine.

I hear a lot of noise when I start (maybe only because the road noise hasn't kicked in yet). I think my car is becoming a clunker:(

Is the automatic transmission the most likely culprit? (engine seems to run fine and quiet). Worn out clutch?

What would it cost to get the transmission looked at?

What would it cost to get the transmission ovehauled, assuming no major issues other than part replacements?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions the answers to which can merely be guesstimates, but please dont hold back.

I'm in HOT HOT Austin, Texas, and my car sits in the HOT sun for 9 hours till its time to head back home from work. Can heat lead to this symptom?

But.... I've noticed this symptom even in the mornings.

Thanks!

Is the automatic transmission the most likely culprit? (engine seems to run fine and quiet). Worn out clutch?

Help us out, do you have an automatic or a manual transmission.......how many pedals in the driver's area?

If it is a manual, then maybe the clutch is gone. Any strange smells when starting out, like metal melting or rubber burning?

If it is an automatic, when was the last time the fluid was changed, may be the torque converter?

In either case, it could be a trottle position sensor too.

steviej

This car has an automatic transmission.

No strange smells, there is a 'harmless oil leak' so I do get some odor, not too strong, which I'm sure is due to the oil leak.

It has been looong while since the last transmission fluid change, dont really have a specific time, though

I floored the gas pedal just last week and after a very very very slight hesitation took off. So it was acceleration quite well.

Will try this tomorrow and let you know if it is still happening.

Thanks

I own a trans shop. First check trans fluid look at the level also cond it should be on the pink side if not bring to a reliable trans shop have it scaned it should run around 1 hr labor, complete overhaul with 1 year warranty should cost 1600 to 2000 If you like tou can call me at my shop 954- 572- 5480 ask for Richard