Navigation

this is my first time on this forum. i brought my 2000 gs 300 about four months ago. i have the hard-drive based navigation and realized that the gps signal rarely comes on. i would like to know the if this is normal for the hard-drive system, or should it be on most of the time like the newer dvd system is?

thanx!!!!!

I have the same situation with a '98 GS300. I think it's because the rear window is tinted, possibly with a metalic film. Other posts indicate this could interfere with the GPS signal. I'd like to find a way to move or enhance the antenna, but couldn't figure out how the antenna works.

i've had this problem even before i put the tints on, so i think that its a problem with the antenna. i know that the antenna is suppose to be somewhere on the rear deck on near the subwoofer, but is it on the surface where you could acually see it or it it under the carpet, because i dont see the antenna at all.

could someone please clarify this location for me and whether the antenna is indeed visible.