Noise From Rear Of My 1997 Lx 450

mailipt

I have 77K miles on my '97 LX450, when I accelerate, I hear a whistling sound coming from the back area. After a few second and when I get up to a steady speed, the sound is gone. I had and independent reapir shop look at it and they said that it was something to do with the throttle assembly, and made some adjustment to the assembly and the whistling sound is still there. I had my 450 in the Lexus dealership this weekend for service and had them check out the whistling noise, the mechanic said that the noise is from the muffler.

Is there anyone else out there with the similar experience with the whistling noise?

Thanks

F.A.

Most likely from the exhaust. Do you still have taht funky looking little canister just before the end of the tail pipe? That unit is supposed to cancel/suppress a whistle that exists with the 450 exhaust. Could be that this canister is going bad?

I have a friend with a Land Cruiser who replaced the exhaust on his '95. No canister now and he has a slight whistle. His solution? Turn up the stereo.

My 96 LX450 also has the whistle. I get asked by passangers all the time what the noise is. I've heard that a new muffler will eliminate it for a while, but I'm not willing to spend the money.

I'll go for turning up the stereo!

:cheers:

Yeah i agreed to the rear canister muffler, i had changed my exhaust system due

noise from the back.

If u want to spend something extra$$$ & and want look different than the other this company in overseas carry different kinda cat back exhaust system for 90-97

LC& LX450 (80 Series)

The one i have on my 450 is the DY System which dual exhaust ~left &right side.

in case u want to see what look like this the pics above;

http://www.suxon.co.jp/4wd_index.htm

http://www.shuei.co.jp/shopping/soup/soup.html

http://www.shuei.co.jp/shopping/VERSION/version.html

Good Luck~

Pro 450-470

• 2 weeks later...

I also have that anoying whistle on my 97 Lx450...... exact same problem.... whistles while accelorating then goes away when I hit a certain speed. I was also told that it had to do with the exhaust...... but turning up the volume works for me just fine. I knit-pick at every sound..... i hate sounds that shouldnt be there..... but in this case .... its not worth the financial trouble....... NOTE: Pink FLoyd will drown out the sound LOL