Instrument Cluster

moune

This past weekend I hit a huge pot hole and damage some coponents in my car. On my instrument cluster, the RPM needle does not work any longer and wonder if there is anyway to fix it or do I have to get another one. If so where can I find a good used and cheap one.

Also the impact caused my shifter to be loose, does anyone know how I can repair it? What is the cause?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This past weekend I hit a huge pot hole and damage some coponents in my car. On my instrument cluster, the RPM needle does not work any longer and wonder if there is anyway to fix it or do I have to get another one. If so where can I find a good used and cheap one.

Also the impact caused my shifter to be loose, does anyone know how I can repair it? What is the cause?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wow, must have been some pot hole.... Was it on a city street?

the rpm is run by a wire that leads to the engine which i can't remember how it works by vacume or eletrical impulse but maybe it cam loose.

the shifter may be loose cause u may have brocken a transmission mount. (not good your tranny should be on the ground) the lever is directly attached to trany. is it a slight movement or like whoa that shouldn't be happening!!!!"

ls430

You should take your Lexus in for a safety inspection. From what you are telling me, I would not be comfortable driving it until I had a mechanic look at it. Also, I would get a 4 wheel alignment done too.

Well actually I hit a pot hole on the left lane of a highway going atleast 70mph. There was no way to avoid it without causing an accident. Well I know for sure that my transmission and engine mount is still good, I already checked them. The shifter is not too loose that it will worry me and I am having an insurance adjuster come and take a look at my car today. I took it to my buddy that's a mechanic and told me as far as suspension goes, all I need is an alignment. But can't explain the insturment cluster and the shifter is problaby wore out it's bushings or got loose. Thanks for the feed back.

well it turns out that my insurance is not going to cover my insturment cluster and shifter being loose. they say there is no way that an impact like dat can cause that, needless to say I was very *BLEEP*ed off. so does anyone out there know how to take the instrument cluster and shifter apart to see what is loose or broken? Or is there any where I can find instructions of how to do it. Thanks