Sound Questions And Help

I have been having problems with my rear speakers lately. They don't work at all aparently. Whenever I turn the fade all the way to rear, no sound comes out. There is no hissing or buzzing or anything like that, there is just complete silence. I've taken the car to any number of people, all who said they had no idea whether it was the head unit, the amp, or the speakers themselves.

Now my question: how do I diagnose this without taking it to the nearest Lexus dealership (1 1/2 hour drive)? I just need to know what part is defective and then I can replace it, but finding out has been fruitless so far. Does anyone know of a website that has information on the sound set up in the '95 ES? I have no idea how many speakers there are, of what type they are, or how powerful they are. Thanks for any help! :cheers:

read the faq for the basic questions

i would say your amp is dead or one of your rear speakers are causing the amp to shut down the rear speakers.

I think you can disconnect the rear speakers from under the parcel shelf

try one at a time to see if it returns to test the speakers.

after reading faq by skperformance it seems that front speakers are 5.25 and tweeter is 1 inch whereas on crutcfield when putting in lexus es300 as model all the choices are 6.5 do any mods have to be done to door panel to get 6.5 to fit? For rear speakers if you simply replace oem with aftermarket by unplugging old speakers and plugging in new ones will it work or is there more changes required