93 Es300 Rough Gear Shift When Cold

Hello gurus,

I have a 93 es300. When I start the car in the morning or after 5-6 hours of rest, the car gives a jerk when shifting from first to the second(could be 2nd to 3rd too...). The problem is less felt if I let the car get heated up for about 5 minutes and start driving. It gets better as the car gets heated up. I feel very slight jerks for shifting of other gears too.

My car has 120K miles on it and has new timing belt. I have recently done transmission service on it, but no use. I have also taken it for a trasmission check and they reported no problem in transmission. I have observed considerable loss of power and acceleration from when I got the car around 60K miles. One more observation is that the problem got aggravated after changing the timing belt.

I can't seem to find the source of the problem and am worried that I might be damaging something internally by continuing driving without fixing

Please help....

this is the way tehy are engineered ,to be warmed up then driven. It slams into gears because the rpms are high

when you changed the fluid did you flush it or drain and fill?

get a motorvac to clean the engine and it shoudl get better

this is the way tehy are engineered ,to be warmed up then driven. It slams into gears because the rpms are high

when you changed the fluid did you flush it or drain and fill?

get a motorvac to clean the engine and it shoudl get better

Thanks a lot for your reply. Some peace to my mind...

The mechanic flushed the transmission fluid, when he did the transmission service.

I will definitely try getting the engine cleaned with motor vac. Just to get an idea,

How much does it cost roughly to get the engine cleaned with motorvac, and do you have any recommendations about where can I get it done.

But this doesn't explain the loss of acceleration completely. Do you have any idea what should I check for this problem.

Thanks for ur help

you may have a ripped intake pipe, the rubber ribbed hose

which can cause a loss of power

to flush the tranny properly you need to have the fluid hot and use a machine, if he didn;t have a machine then he did not flush it or atleast properly.

a motorvac is about $100 not sure where you can get it locally check the web or your yellow pages and call around