Peeling Paint

The paint on my B-Pilar is beginning to peel. I've heard this is a common problem on the ES. My car is still under the 5/50 warranty... does anyone know if this would be covered?

The paint on my B-Pilar is beginning to peel. I've heard this is a common problem on the ES. My car is still under the 5/50 warranty... does anyone know if this would be covered?

I have the same problem in my '01 ES. I inquired my dealership about it, and they said the repair/fix would be covered under the Basic warranty (4 yr/50K miles). So you should be in luck for that ;)

I don't think it is covered on the body? I is usually only the first three year, or 36k.

Mine is doing the same thing, and I was thinking about clearing it my self. If you take it to a shop it shouldn't cost very much. Since you live out in SLC, I would highly recommend Wasatch Body and Paint- down town. They only work on high end vehicles.

My car is still under the 5/50 warranty... does anyone know if this would be covered?

I believe it is a 4 yr/ 50,000 mile warranty. It should be covered if it is obviously from poor paint adhesion. If it looked like scrapes and rock chips, the dealership may try to get out of it.

but, if your 4/50k is up you might try getting it fixed under the 6 year/unlimited mileage corrosion perforation warranty.

good luck,

steviej

Hmmm... I must have been having a bad day yesterday. Thanks for merging my identical posts. Also, I know its a 4/50 warranty... I just have fat fingers. :)

Anyway, I'm going to run down to the dealership today and see what they can do about the problem. Thanks!

I took my car into the dealership yesterday (with 200 miles left on my warranty), and I was in luck... the warranty covered the replacement of my B-pilar. Oddly enough, they had the part in stock... maybe this really is a common problem.

Glad to hear it worked out for you byohzrd. Unfortunately I was way out of warranty when I noticed the B-pillar peeling (at approx. 91K miles). I got a couple quotes for repainting the pillar, one at $100 from a Lexus independent body shop, and another at $85 from another body shop. Found out that the OEM part (painted and clearcoated) costs roughly $60 from the parts dept, and it's just a matter of prying the old piece out and plugging the new piece in less than 2 min. :o ;) You guessed it, it's another DIY replacement.