Starting Problem

htbotdvr

You will need to replace it with either a new starter or a rebuilt one. The clicks with no engine start are indications of a dead or currently dying starter. If you need your vehicle for work or anything else I would recommend getting that replaced as soon as possible. However, I will be honest with you and tell you that it is a pretty tedious task to change that starter. The air intake has to be removed because it's below all of that.

If you can get your hands on an owners repair manual for your vehicle you could possibly do it yourself. If you have no idea on car repairing, etc. I would recommend taking it to a professional technician/mechanic. If you want to avoid high costs do NOT take it to the Lexus dealership. Anywhere but there would be cheaper (hopefully).

check the battery, if it clicks it might be that your battery is not in the top shape.

there might be bunch of other things if ur battery turns out to be ok, fuses, relays etc might cause this, there should be a troubleshooting manuial for the starter and you should talk to 99LS about gettin it.

• 5 weeks later...