Installing A Cd Changer In My 95 Es300

TJB

I just bought a cd changer for my 1995 ES300. My ES300 has never had a changer. I found the wires in the trunk but need to know how to mount in the trunk. The changer came with the mounting bracket. Looks like the bracket bolts to the drivers side and the bottom of the trunk. Does it mount over and through the trunk carpets or underneath? Will I have to cut the carpets and side trunk panel to install? Any advise or problems experienced with installing would be greatly appreciated.

the bracket can be installed on top of carpet . just locate the 2 predrilled holes in the trunk floor frame and drill holes through carpet. then make slits to get the front and back brackets through carpet. easier than cutting carpet and makes less moisture getteing to the changer from the trunk frame. the bracket arm goes though a slit in the side panel and goes on with side brace with a 6mm nut........................................................... if your changer is out of a 92 or 93 es300 it has a large chance of not working well. there were many defects in the early models especially the door opening mechanism. . the 94 up changers were the best and parts between the 92 93 not interchangeable as the door mechanism changed for the better. the later 94 up changers are very trustworthey and should work for many more years.