New Rotors

JdSuperpimp69

just installed some new crossed drilled and slotted rotors from iRotors in CA. So far, they are ok, but they dont feel as smooth as my stock ones did. I was wondering if this was normal for new rotors. The company said they were a direct replacement, and that i could use my stock brake pads. I had them professionally installed, so i dont see why theyd be kinda shaky. Any info you guys can give me would be great.

DAVID

I'm no expert on rotors, but after a week of trials, tribulations, and expert advice from LOC members, I completed the install of rotors and pads yesterday. The result is great-the slight "stop shudder" is gone, as well as an annoying squeak on stopping. Smooth, smooth. My car suffered from having the rotors ground down to nothing, when they should have been replaced 40,000 miles before by the previous owner..

My only thoughts are that, while I bought inexpensive Raybestos rotors and pads, I think they seem to work together quite well. Plus, having changed them myself, I will be able to change them out as necessary quite easily. I wonder if your pads and rotors work well together. And, of course, guarantee the correct torque on all the wheel bolts. I did, thanks to LOC advice. Best of luck.

i dont understand what exactly you mean by being smooth but if your brake pedal kicks when you push it it means that your rotor is bent.