Help, Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment

PBL

Help, throttle position sensor adjustment. I need some help to clarify the Lexus manual instructions for adjusting the two throttle position sensors. I am unclear on if I have to remove the throttle body or not to make the ohm check and adjustments as instructed. The reason why I am trying to check these units is I have been getting a lot of lag or hesitation starting out and I think it could be a simple adjustment on the throttle position or the unit itself might have a short in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Just unplug the connectors and use your leads sensor side or plug side depending on what you are testing. Try cleaning the butterfly(ies) with carb cleaner. Those things get gummed up with crap from our gas. Even with the high octane stuff. But low grade makes it really nasty and should never be run.

Excellent, thanks AWJ. I look forward to cleaning the throttle plate, hopefully that will stop the hesitation. There is also adjustments using a feeler gage and than adjusting the throttle sensor based on ohm readings, is that something as well that can be done with the whole unit installed?

Thanks again for you help. :D