Vibration Issue Lx 470 2004

pemarsh

Has anyone ever noticed a problem with floor vibrations when over 2500RPMs??

This is a very annoying problem in my 2004 LX 470, and the dealer is not sure what to think of it yet.

Every time my RPMs pass 2500, there is a floor vibration. It goes away once the car down shifts and the RPMs are reduced. It is completely RPM related, not speed related.

Its a real pain when cruising at sppeds of 75-80MPH becuase the RPMs sit at about 2700, and the vibration of course is then constant.

Please, any ideas would be very appreciated!!

Perry

• 2 weeks later...

simple answer to vibration. Dealer recall done. new motor mounts, and dampeners on exhaust. Worthless. Right side exhaust from engine to main pipe is unsupported. Weld exhaust pipe support to frame support, rubber insulated. Then cut right side exhaust pipe at very rear of engine , not header but the pipe, and have same reputable shop install short , about 4 - 5 inches, flex coupling in the exhaust pipe. This CURES the problem, 100%.

I have the same problem in my new-to-me 01. I'm getting the wheels rotated and balance, plus a 4-wheel alignment. It's being working on right now. That should fix it.

If you paid for a 4 wheel alignment on your UZJ100 I beleive you got ripped off. There aren't any adjustments to the rear wheel alignment. You can only do thrust angle alignment on the front.

• 7 months later...

wow, i didn't even know about this! all i knew was i had it at around 2200 rpm and was started after dealer tried to fix another problem in my gx. Well they fixed the vibration the first time around (not the clunk though, ah! ) so it shouldn't be a major problem that requires several trips back to the shop to be fixed.

• 2 years later...
simple answer to vibration. Dealer recall done. new motor mounts, and dampeners on exhaust. Worthless. Right side exhaust from engine to main pipe is unsupported. Weld exhaust pipe support to frame support, rubber insulated. Then cut right side exhaust pipe at very rear of engine , not header but the pipe, and have same reputable shop install short , about 4 - 5 inches, flex coupling in the exhaust pipe. This CURES the problem, 100%.

Hi own a lx 470 2001 here in mts of vermont - 133k on her - heard rattle 15 k ago and thought it was heat shield- pulled that off- no fix- replaced rear muffler from cat back - needed it - runs smooth but still have rattle at idle and first 100 feet- wondering if it could be front pipe from engine to exhaust similar to your issue- i can hear it towards front area -Your thoughts

ron