Coolant leak

Nickghoutx

I have a decent little leak.I NEED HELP.I'm scared to take it apart without knowing what the issue is...looks like it's leaking right behind the water pump housing on the drivers side....water is coming between the ac compressor and tension or pulley..anybody know if the water pump bypass is located in that general area

The tensioner pulley is on the passenger side. Most likely the water pump seal is bad. How many miles on the car? While not difficult for a DIY type if you don't know how to open up the front of this engine I would take it to an experienced mechanic. Is the car over heating?

I have 270,000 on it and I replaced the thermostat and housing....ive been told that when the water pump starts to go out it was designed to leak a certain route.it only overheats when it gets low on coolant....it looks like it's coming from behind and above the water pump but it's hard to tell due to everything packed so tight under the hood.I had a couple people say it's a blown head gasket or cracked head and or block.I know better than to add water or coolant while it's hot....i don't even think u can because the bolt on top of the thermostat housing