94 Ls400 Window Rolls Down But Not Up

Johnny2by4

Hello to all. I have 1994 LS400 and for some reason my front passenger window will roll down but not up. It will rarely move an inch as if the motor/regulator is going out so i ended up buying a new motor/regulator. I installed it and i had the same problem. I dont think its the switch because my master switch nor my passenger switch will completely roll up the window. Im beginning to think i have some wiring issues somewhere. Has anyone experienced this same or similar issue that can help? By the way the only window that works without any issue is the driver side.

How do the connectors look? Is there any corrosion on them? Do the other windows besides the driver window do the same thing? Have you checked the window rails to see if they need to be lubed? Lots of times it's the master switch that has built up some corrosion. Try lubing the rails first though.

first pull the door panel off and watch the window movement when you try to raise it, see if it gets in a bind and maybe try to help it with your hand to see if it encountering any resistance. if not you probably have wiring/switch problems, oxidation happens....

I appreciate the help everyone. :) I did clean the connectors on the master switch and passenger switch with some CRC electronics cleaner but its still not working. The right rear passenger window wont go up or down at all. The left rear passenger window used to go up and down but it started to not go up so i dont use it anymore. I am going to use a volt meter to test the wires and see if i can sniff out the problem. I also took the motor and regulator apart to see if the gear in the motor would spin on its own but it would only spin in one direction not both. Does anyone know where the wiring goes to from the connector on the door into the car? I guess a wiring diagram would be my best bet?

sometimes a spray is not enough, if you can get inside and scratch the surface to break the oxidation, maybe you can cure the problem

on your LR did you use the master switch or the LR door switch?? just wondering..

Yeah Im thinking its oxidation. I used the master switch. Do you know where the wiring from the door leads to inside the car? does the wiring go underneath the carpet or floor panel? I see the black tube holding the wires in between the door when it's open. Sorry for all the questions..