99 Ls400 Vsc And Check Engine Lights On

99L400

The 99 LS400 just had the timing belt/pump replaced (at 95K). Both lights came on after a couple of short trips. Sent the car back to the neighbor mechanics to see if it was related to belt replacement. The error codes read: #1354 and #1633. The mechanics reset the codes, drove around to make both lights will come back and both did.

I searched the Forum and found a similar post. The difference is my car drives as usual while the other car (also a 99 LS400) couldn't go beyond idle RPM unless the accelaration pedal was pressed hard. It looks the trottle position sensor is in the spot light. Is this a DIY type of project or is this a job for the established garage? Will replacing the sensor take care of the problem or there is something else to it? Please advise if you can. Thanks a lot.

on one of my 99's the VSC & CEL came on and the car ran fine, no change in operation that I could notice. It was determined that my oil control valve was restricted on my left head. I removed it, cleaned it replaced it and no more lights. That was the first of may, no more lights.

see it here http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64399&view=findpost&p=409977

post-5365-070470400 1288680183_thumb.jpg

post-5365-025793700 1288680218_thumb.jpg

post-5365-069619000 1288681952_thumb.jpg

on one of my 99's the VSC & CEL came on and the car ran fine, no change in operation that I could notice. It was determined that my oil control valve was restricted on my left head. I removed it, cleaned it replaced it and no more lights. That was the first of may, no more lights.

see it here http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64399&view=findpost&p=409977

Cleaned the Oil Control Valve and have been running for more than 100 miles since. It's so far so good and fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Very interesting. My neighbor has an RX300 which always has both lights on. I will have to check that and see if that is the issue since none of the mechanics they took it to can figure it out. Great information, thanks.

Billy, I watched your slideshow (the car one) and that was great! I will have to do something like that with my old car pictures. I'm guessing that some of these were family cars.

NOPE..... I owned and drove all of them in my 76 years... also had a 35 Ford coupe and 40 DeSoto.. no photos

but before that.... Hi-Oh silver away...

post-5365-0-46683400-1289594236_thumb.jp