How To Replace Cabin Air Filter

etex

I recently purchased a 1997 LS400 and would like to change the a/c cabin air filter. Can anyone tell me where it is located and how to access it? I bought a Service Manual, and it is not mentioned in there, and I have not seen any discussion of it in the forums here.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Its located behind the glove box. If you open the GB and look in the back youll see a black square piece you pull off and behind it theres a white one and once you get the white one off youll be in and all you have to do is pull the frame down and slide it out and theres the old filter. Wish i had some pics! Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks!

Ed:

Thanks for the response. Does that apply if there is a CD player in the area above the GB instead of in the trunk? I have looked in there and haven't been able to see anything similar to your description.

I'll give it another go in a few minutes, maybe with a better flashlight.

Pete

Hmm thats weird. Ive never seen a 95-97 with a CDC in the trunk! Your rare my man! :). Id look again with the new flashlight. When you pull down the GB its on the back of the contaning unit I guess. Its a black kind of flimsy piece. Or you could just try reaching back there and pulling up and the piece should come off and expose the white air cleaner unit. I wish i had some pics! Id go take some but Im wearin my gym stuff and no shoes and theres snow on the ground : )

I recently purchased a 1997 LS400 and would like to change the a/c cabin air filter. Can anyone tell me where it is located and how to access it? I bought a Service Manual, and it is not mentioned in there, and I have not seen any discussion of it in the forums here.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Have you checked the owners manual? It's described there with pics.