Car Phone Removal

stylz

A person in this thread cut the wires to remove the handset: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...17&hl=phone He apparently didn't remove any of the other phone components.

It's probably better to unplug the handset from the connector(s) under the air vent you see when the arm rest is raised.

I don't have my 90 LS anymore but I disassembled the console in it a number of times. I remember there were two screws underneath the removable thin liner at the bottom of the console that had to be removed. There may be one or two hidden screws underneath the air vent grill you see when you raise the arm rest. I can't remember if the air vent grill pops off like it does on my current 00 LS or if the screw(s) are hidden under a little tab that pops off.

Once you remove the three or four screws that hold the hard plastic inner console shell in place, the plastic shell can be pried out with a stiff tool like a putty knife -- I tape the knife blade with electrical tape to keep from scratching the console vinyl/leather. I think I started prying at the front and moved around the sides little by little. Be gentle but firm and the inter shell should pop up and out.

I don't remember having to remove the cup holder.

Once you get the inner console shell out, how to remove and unplug the handset should be obvious.

Got a digital camera? Maybe you could take and upload photos to show others exactly how you removed the handset.