Mark Levinson With Is250

I'm talking to my broker and she said that if I want IS250 and the Mark Levinson stereo, it'll be a special order and have to wait 8 to 10 months. :wacko: Also it'd cost much more.

Is this true?? 8 to 10 months wait!!!??? That is ridiculous.

She suggests to get IS350 because it comes with the Mark Levinson stereo. Is this true?

I'm not sure if I want to get a diff model of the car just because I want a better sound system. But if it comes w/ the better stereo and maybe better options, paying a little more may worth it. What do you think?

I'm talking to my broker and she said that if I want IS250 and the Mark Levinson stereo, it'll be a special order and have to wait 8 to 10 months.:wacko: Also it'd cost much more.

She suggests to get IS350 because it comes with the Mark Levinson stereo. Is this true?

I'm not sure if I want to get a diff model of the car just because I want a better sound system. But if it comes w/ the better stereo and maybe better options, paying a little more may worth it. What do you think?

Check out Lexus.com--ML is not "standard" in any IS. In some areas of the country, you need to special order to get ML (definitely in the NE for a 250). Check out the threads--special order is 3-4 months.

I'm talking to my broker and she said that if I want IS250 and the Mark Levinson stereo, it'll be a special order and have to wait 8 to 10 months.:wacko: Also it'd cost much more.

Check out Lexus.com--ML is not "standard" in any IS. In some areas of the country, you need to special order to get ML (definitely in the NE for a 250). Check out the threads--special order is 3-4 months.

Why does Lexus make buying their cars so difficult?

Acura is so simple..every thing's included, only option is trans if that, and then Nav.

Sigh.. I wish the new TSX was out, then I would get that vs the IS250.... I still may go that route if Lexus is gonna be a hassle.

I had the same question when I bought my 250 - told Mark Levinson would take 3-4 months, BUT they said the Mark Levinson system in the 250/350 series isn't THAT much noticeably better than the stock 250 stereo (I think it's pioneer) compared to say the ES and GS Mark levinson systems versus their stock counterparts which IS a big leap up.. course they could've just been trying to get me to buy the IS they had on the lot..

that being said I would've paid extra for the Mark Levinson, but I wouldn't wait extra.

I've heard reviews that say the ML system is the best sounding system in any current production car (even better than the Bang&Olufsen system in the new Audi S8). Now I might have to say the Linn 950w 13-ch system in the Aston Martin DB9 might beat it, but other than that I'm not sure I can argue.

I have the ML system in a 250 .In South Africa we get it standard in the x package .The system is the same as the one in the GS .Believe me when I say that it is soooooooooomuch better than the standard option.I have listened to both.We don't get the 350 here so I had no choice .What is the price diff?

The ML system is fantastic .The clarity is superb .Even if I didn't like the rest of the car I would still buy the car because of the sound .

I must say though I do enjoy this car alot !!!

I think the sales person is just trying to get a bigger sale .Check with other Dealers.

I have the ML system in a 250 .In South Africa we get it standard in the x package .The system is the same as the one in the GS .Believe me when I say that it is soooooooooomuch better than the standard option.I have listened to both.We don't get the 350 here so I had no choice .What is the price diff?

The ML system is fantastic .The clarity is superb .Even if I didn't like the rest of the car I would still buy the car because of the sound .

I must say though I do enjoy this car alot !!!

I think the sales person is just trying to get a bigger sale .Check with other Dealers.

WOW... you make me want to wait and get the ML system. :D

I will talk to the dealership. I'll wait for 4 months but I won't wait for 8-10 months. But she did say she talked to "Lexus"... hmm... I wonder it's a long wait because she is just a broker? Maybe they'll do it quicker if it's from a dealership.

I also wanted the ML when I went in to purchase.

I was told that the ML system would be a special order and a 5 month wait.

The sales manager offered to put an after market amp in the base stereo but I declined.

I wanted the ML for the additional speaker, clarity and DVD capability... which the base stereo didn't offer.

The base stereo in the IS didn't impress me at all.

I never got the luxury of hearing the ML in the IS... as they never had one in stock. :blushing:

I also wanted the ML when I went in to purchase.

I was told that the ML system would be a special order and a 5 month wait.

The sales manager offered to put an after market amp in the base stereo but I declined.

I wanted the ML for the additional speaker, clarity and DVD capability... which the base stereo didn't offer.

The base stereo in the IS didn't impress me at all.

I never got the luxury of hearing the ML in the IS... as they never had one in stock. :blushing:

Your broker is dicking you around. Get a different model to get the upgraded stereo? That's insane!

btw unless you're really an audiophile (that term gets thrown around way too loosely these days), you won't notice much appreciable difference b/w the stock system and ML. The stock system is widely regarded as one of the best in class (standard systems). 4-5 months is the max acceptable wait for a special order and this may be cut down by being a little smart and timing it right. Special orders are typically placed or/around the 20th of each month (double check this with your dealership), so if you place your order on the 25th, you're waiting an extra month by default. Also, make SURE you double check all the options that the dealer selects when placing your order. Because your average dealer is a moron, the odds of you getting exactly what you asked for are less than 100%.

Lose the broker, go to the dealership, get exactly what you want, wait 4 months, enjoy :)

Hey,

i got a dumb question, how do i find out if i have a ML stereo? Mine stereo didn't had any ML logo on it.. :unsure:

Under the CD slot, at the bottom of the center stack is a LEXUS logo.

To the right of the logo, it reads... Mark Levinson.

post-23953-1184934001_thumb.jpg

Hey,

i got a dumb question, how do i find out if i have a ML stereo? Mine stereo didn't had any ML logo on it.. :unsure:

Under the CD slot, at the bottom of the center stack is a LEXUS logo.

To the right of the logo, it reads... Mark Levinson.

Thanks Scott, hmm i don't have the label on mine..:(

so for the OEM stereo, what brand it is? anyone know?

thanks for the picture too ;)