Brake Booster Line Location

cmshoot

Looking for the brake booster line on my 00 LS400. Here's some pics. Is the brake booster line the one that I have marked with the red arrows?

I'm going to do the Seafoam application. If this is the correct line, I'm assuming that I unhook the end of the line connected to at the brake booster (marked with a red circle) to apply the Seafoam?

Thanks for the help.

post-25916-1169874709_thumb.jpg

post-25916-1169874723_thumb.jpg

I've done this before, about a year ago, and I liked the results a lot. I also scrubbed my throttle body to a smooth shine. The performance difference was, and still is, very noticable. However, beware, you might need to change your plugs as I've heard the seafoam can foul them. I think I'm getting close to having to replace mine, and I've probably got 40k miles from them. They're genuine Toyota plugs, so I think the seafoam probably excellerated their demise. Thankfully, though, I've got 6 of the required 8 sitting on my work bench at home, ready to go....Blake da' man!

One thing I strongly advise when doing this proceedure, is to either (a) warn your neighbors and hope they're cool, or (B.) which I prefer, is go out to the country and do it. Because you will have a HUGE cloud of white and and grey smoke coming out of your tail pipes for about 3 to 5 minutes. When I say huge, I mean freakin' HUGE, and it's not steam, it's smoke, so it will travel, and it stinks! It's all that carbon build-up being burnt off, so you can imagine how that smells.

For me, the car sucked in the seafoam in just a second or two, it was very quick. Have someone to help you. You want to shut the engine off immediatly when the cup of seafoam is dry. Put vacuum hose back on with needle-nose pliers, let sit for 10 minutes, crank engine "keep cranking, it will start", and rev rev rev rev rev. Don't do this on a cold engine, let it warm up first before doing the seafoam.

That is the booster line but i prefer to use a line closer to the throttle body to ingest the seafoam more evenly. I would not worry about fouling the plugs as it gets blown out easy.

Also warming the engine to 2 minutes is enough to get some heat in there. Anymore and it will cause the seafoam to evaporate before it can clean.

I would like to see evidence that seafoam does anything that adding Chevron to your tank every 3K miles doesnt do. I have used seafoam on other cars before and had the heads off and nothing. Alot of smoke looks cool but not in my Lex.

I used to be a smog tech and had a car come in that failed for high HC and CO, badly. Customer brought the car back the next day and the car passed with flying colors. Out of curiousity, I asked him what he replaced/repaired and his response was, I used Seafoam." This guy worked for a non-profit vehicle donation program and was a regular. The only evidence I have is what I witnessed.

Put a can of Seafoam in my full tank of gas just less than a week ago. This morning I ran almost half a can through the brake booster line, shut the engine down, let it sit for 10 minutes, and fired it back up.

Kept the idle up. The smoke wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's very windy here today which carried it off quick.

Took her for a short spin. The throttle was more responsive and the idle was lower (at less rpm's) and smoother.

I bought the car almost a year ago. Since I've had it, I've run nothing but premium gasoline through it. I usually run Quik Trip gas through it, due to a Consumer Reports article I read. The article stated that QT had the lowest amount of impurities and was the best out of the brands tested at giving you the octane level that is listed on the pump, not gyping you with paying more for less.

I do all my own oil changes and use Mobil 1 full synthetic with premium filters.