I searched this subject and the last time it was discussed was back in 2004. I have a 1992 Lexus SC400 and I ordered a set of A/C cabin filters. It has been a real problem getting them installed. Yes, the cover et al is just as described, but I was unable to get the two filters to link together when they were placed into the slots provided.

Well, it turns out that even though the slots/area is there for filters, Lexus did not put filters in until 1996 or 1997. The place in our earlier cars is just a 'hair' smaller then required to get both filters in.

I did make it work though. What I did was to shave off the guides on either side of the filters. (Those places that are supposed to link together.) They both are in now and seem to be working just fine.

That is good to know. I was thinking about the in-cabin air filter this weekend. Nissan didn't introduce in-cabin air filters until the mid 90s, so I figured this was the case w/ Lexus as well. Just needed to confirm that.

Thanks.

Hey man - I did exactly what you did. I snipped off some of the plastic on the sides and made it fit....

Sounds like a goofy design scenario though - the slots were definitely there - but they must have changed and they just said - oh well, screw the filters for the 92 design ....