Vsc Light; Vsc Off Light; Check Engine Light

Hello: I've owned a 1999 ES300 for a less than a year. No warranty :cries: The VSC; VSC Off; and Engine Lights all came on at the same time when a friend drove my car in the rain. He tried turning off and back on, but lights stayed. The next morning (dry conditions) the lights were off. Later that afternoon (wet again) I drove it and they were all on, stopped to fuel and they stayed on; drove it the next day (dry again) and they all were off; drove it the next day (wet) and they all were on again. I've read on this site that the codes are PO440; PO441; PO446, but I don't know what those mean. I also don't know if the wet/dry conditions are a factor or just a coincidence. The car is running just fine, no problems at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to this site and new to Lexus :D

Hello:  I've owned a 1999 ES300 for a less than a year.  No warranty :cries:  The VSC; VSC Off; and Engine Lights all came on at the same time when a friend drove my car in the rain.  He tried turning off and back on, but lights stayed.  The next morning (dry conditions) the lights were off.  Later that afternoon (wet again) I drove it and they were all on, stopped to fuel and they stayed on; drove it the next day (dry again) and they all were off; drove it the next day (wet) and they all were on again.  I've read on this site that the codes are PO440; PO441; PO446, but I don't know what those mean.  I also don't know if the wet/dry conditions are a factor or just a coincidence. The car is running just fine, no problems at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm new to this site and new to Lexus  :D

Welcome to LOC! :)

Here is a link with the codes. I can help you more then that, but others can help more. Looks to be a EVAP issue. Cheap gas cap first (easy). Could be other things like charcoal canister etc.

http://www.troublecodes.net/Lexus/[/

This might help

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...880&hl=PO440url]

Hello:  I've owned a 1999 ES300 for a less than a year.  No warranty :cries:  The VSC; VSC Off; and Engine Lights all came on at the same time when a friend drove my car in the rain.  He tried turning off and back on, but lights stayed.  The next morning (dry conditions) the lights were off.  Later that afternoon (wet again) I drove it and they were all on, stopped to fuel and they stayed on; drove it the next day (dry again) and they all were off; drove it the next day (wet) and they all were on again.  I've read on this site that the codes are PO440; PO441; PO446, but I don't know what those mean.  I also don't know if the wet/dry conditions are a factor or just a coincidence. The car is running just fine, no problems at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm new to this site and new to Lexus  :D

Welcome to LOC! :)

Here is a link with the codes. I can help you more then that, but others can help more. Looks to be a EVAP issue. Cheap gas cap first (easy). Could be other things like charcoal canister etc.

http://www.troublecodes.net/Lexus/[/

This might help

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...880&hl=PO440url]

[/quote

Thanks! I'll check the site, but I'm not sure of the codes, since I got them off this site from someone having the same problem. Mine could be different, but it's a place to start. Thanks again.