I Really Need Help Removing The Back Seat!

GRAND_LS 4

I really need your help, I been trying to remove the backseat without breaking anything. I broke the small seatbelt clip on top of the seatback, and I decided I should gather more info, before I can continue (it’s easily fixable though).

I took out the four obvious bolts on the seatback, but couldn’t for the life of me remove the seat cushion. I think that goes out first, then the seat back, because I can see some bolts that need to be removed but I couldn’t reach yet with the cushion still in.

Searched, and searched, but all I can only find the instructions for the first gens, which are somewhat different from the 98-00.

Please advice, thanks guys!

FYI: I need to remove it to install new shocks and springs.

GRAND_LS 4,

Over the last weekend I had to remove my back seat (seat cushion only) to add some extra brackets for my son's car seat. It took me a very long time to figure out how to remove the seat, at the end I just pulled up on it and it came out. After removing it, it looks like there are 4 hooks that connects it to the car, nothing else. I hope this helps, btw I have a 2000. If you need more info PM me your number and we can chat about it some more

Start by removing the bottom seat first. Grab under the middle of the driver's side seat and pull up. It takes a little force, but the clip on the driver's side will come loose. Do the same for the passenger side. Lift out the seat bottom and put in a safe place.

Remove the bolts that hold the seatback in place. I can't remember if it is 2, 3, or 4 bolts, but you should see them at the bottom of the seatback. Lift Up on the seatback with a little force. It should slide upwards an inch or two, then pull it out towards the front of the car. There are some "hooks" on the back of the seatback that hold it in place and they have to be lifted upwards before the seat can be pulled out.

GRAND_LS 4,

Over the last weekend I had to remove my back seat (seat cushion only) to add some extra brackets for my son's car seat.  It took me a very long time to figure out how to remove the seat, at the end I just pulled up on it and it came out.  After removing it, it looks like there are 4 hooks that connects it to the car,  nothing else.  I hope this helps, btw I have a 2000.  If you need more info PM me your number and we can chat about it some more

THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO!!!

I read your post, minutes after you posted, I was very afraid of pulling it by force, but that’s what I did after I read your post, and it came right out!!! Big thanks!

Got the seats out, and even cleaned them really well in the comfort of my living room.

Thanks a lot guys!!

I guess you found the bolts behind the leather flap behind each head rest and also the ones behind the leather flap at the top of the cavity into which the center armrest fits. The seat is held in place very differently than on the early LS like the 90 I had. I had to use a pry bar to pop up the rear seat cushion out in my 00 LS - I thought I was going to break something before it finally "exploded" upward. Surprisingly difficult since it was very easy to remove the rear seat in the 90 LS.