95 Ls400 Remote Programming

95LS400Bob

That's the same procedure as I found on the web where the guy stated it wouldn't work with a 95. But..who knows? Maybe they had a bad remote.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic65722.htm

google. search google.

Programming replacement keys - 1990 to 1996 LS400 only.

1.Driver's door open and unlocked, all other doors closed and locked.

2.Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, remove key.

3.Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).

4.Shut door.

5.Open door.

6.Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).

7.With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to on position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.

8.Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.

9.Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, release. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.

10.Close the door. Open the door. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should cycle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock. Press again and the doors should unlock.

that procedure shouldn't work on the 97's...

'97 Lexus LS400 only

This system is based on the Texas Instruments fixed code transponder. The onboard computer cannot be programmed without a working pre-programmed transponder key. Duplicate keys can be programmed into the system as long as there is at least one working pre-programmed key available. The system can accept a maximum of 6 different keys

Because the coding of the keys is proprietary and is protected by copyright law, cloning is not possible at this time for this system. Until Texas Instruments agrees to license this technology, the only way to program duplicate keys will be by the process outlined below.

Key blanks: Ilco / Silca TOY40BT4

Replacement key blanks can be ordered through any Lexus dealer.

And I just confirmed that is what works for a 95.

I was out there doing Wanda's instructions while Ec 437 was posting. Thanks for everyone's help!

I'll add something. On every car I ever programmed a remote for, you had to push the lock button on EACH remote during the "Step 9" process. But Lexi didn't like that and wouldn't work. So I only programmed the new remote and it finally worked. And the original remote still also works.

Isn't edumacation wonderful? :D