Instrument Cluster

I have found several descriptions of the removal of the instrument cluster for the ES300. I'm stuck on the first step (after disconnecting the battery and lowering the steering column). That is, removing the plastic cover in front of the instrument cluster. There are no screws on the top that are shown in diagrams. There are two plastic inserts that look like covers. I cannot get them to come off. I can pull the bottom of the cover forward but the cover seems to be attached at the inserts on top. I do not want to pull too hard -- afraid of breaking something.

Is there a trick?

Also, I've seen general references to buying rebuilt clusters or having mine rebuilt. I can only find one specific company at an email address (duluthelectronicsmaster@msn.com). There are a couple of individual units on ebay. Does anyone have other specific references?

Thanks for your help - Rich F.

glad you searched to get the info and jsut need some additional info

there are 2 black tabs on the inner shroud that goes around the cluster pop off the tab and the 2 screws are there

it pulls towards you after and you unscrew the other 4 screws for the cluster itself

nothing on the steering column to remove