Climate Control Problems...

I just recently purchased a 95 GS 300, and the AC works perfectly.. BUT when I try to turn the temperature up (around 75 or more) with the "AC" button turned off, my heat doesn't work, It only blows out cold air. I had my radiator drained, and I had my anti-freeze refilled, but the car still blows out cold air, when the temperature is on 75 degrees or higher.

Has anyone had this problem before, or can anyone tell me what might be wrong? I know it's the summertime and you don't need your heat right now, but I'd like to make sure everythings goin' right with my car. Thanx :(

It's a door driven by a servo that switches airflow between the ac or heater. It could also be the water temp sensor in the heater core. You can start by removing the glove box door and seeing what you can access, then removing more till you can verify it's working or not. <_<

Ok, so I know I'm soundin' like a novice here, but when I get down to the water temp sensor or the airmix door, how do i test it to see if it's working or not? Sorry about the dumb questions, but I'm new to fixin' problems with my car. :(

You should be able to physically see the the servo or the airmix door move when you switch to heat. I believe the temp sensor doesn't allow the heater to kick on or up until it's hot so that only hot air comes out. You could pull it out and verify coolant is in the heater core and the see if you get a measure ment across it or place it in a pan of hot water and test it. <_<

There is nothing wrong with the links. You may not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed properly on your computer. Alternatively, you can right click on the link and then click "Save Target As."

<_< The HVAC Descriptions link wasn't working last night, but it is now...

Thanks Again anyways... I'm bout to try it right now.