Nav Limited To 5 Points For Interstate Travel

If anyone can set more than five destinations for this model, would you PLEASE TELL HOW here on this forum?

Setting up a long-range trip is one of my greatest needs. Perhaps in a small country five stops are enough, but not if you plan to drive from the east coast to San Francisco.

I received one good suggestion to set marks for all major points and to re-enter (and reorder) them as needed. I thank msmith1086 for this. I may have to use this method. There were other useful ideas in her / his post which I appreciate.

Again, this is for ES330, 2004 model with latest DVD for US and Canada.

It's not hard at all as I do it all the time . All you have to do is save the areas (POI or address) you want to travel to under your favorite places or mark areas you want after you review the destinations and "Mark" them on the map in the order you will be traveling. I think you can save up to 100 points with the first 5 as immeadiately accessible. You can review what you saved under "My Places"

On July 1, I'll be driving from Sacramento, CA to Canada through Oregon and Nevada then to Tijuana and back home in 2 weeks time. It took a little while to program my destinations, but it's worth the time.

Just follow the CD Rom on your computer and listen to the tutorial in your car in front of the Navigation unit. The instructions that came with my car were detailed enough to figure it out. It's makes me wonder if there a different instructions or editions out there.

Thank you for your answer.

It looks like your Lexus IS a 2004 ES330, but I don't know for sure. It makes a difference.

I can set about 106 "memory marks" also. I need to get more than five of them into route guidance which the nav system calls "destinations." Each time the sixth one is entered as a destination, it says no more can be set unless I delete some.

When I delete one, it doesn't work -- and is NOT what I need to do for a long trip. I need a much longer list for cross-country routing.

Are you getting AUDIO route guidance on six or more points?

If you are, then I can conclude that my unit is defective and start the process to get it replaced under warranty. As it is now, I am still waiting on a dealer to get up to speed for only ONE of his customers. I believe most customers just use the nav system to watch the map. The equivalent for VCRs are those that just blink 12:00 the year around.