Hesitation At 1500-2000 Rpm In 4th

splitslim

Hi,

I changed my spark plugs last week (Bosch Platinum +4) and air filter after having to change my alternator. I seem to have a problem now when barely touching the gas pedal, in 4th, in between 1500 and 2000 RPM where the car spurts and stutters. It only occurs under those circumstances. Did I put in the wrong plugs? Should I take the Bosch out and replace with NGK's? Start up is fine, along with acceleration, etc.

Thanks,

SS

i've heard that you shouldn't use the bosch platinums in our car, although i am running the same +4 plugs you are, with no problem at all.

you might have damaged an ignition wire when you, or they, were changing out the plugs, as the car gets older the wires tend to get brittle, making them a lot easier to damage, i believe they are good for about 100k.

also check all of your vaccum hoses, make sure they are on tight.

I have bosch +2 with no problems. You probably have a bad wire. Check to make sure you put then on securely and in there correct location. I would change the wires just to make sure. Good luck <_<