'13 350 "check SRS system airbag"

PODO

Hey friends!

New to the forum, in need of technical help. 

We had an overweight passenger in our front passenger seat that I'm presuming caused the trouble. 

I've verified that all connectors are seated and secure. 

I've pulled the plug out of the sensor that goes to the occupancy pad in the seat. 

Is there a way to ohm that out to check circuit continuity so I can determine if it's what's causing the problem?

Didn't want to remove the seat to get to the sensor itself if I didn't have to. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

I found something similar?

Check SRS Airbag System Light [2014 GS 350 F-Sport]

renderTimingPixel.png

Last night my airbag light came on and this is hugely disappointing. Interestingly, my son (about 100 pounds) was laying back in the seat like a lounge chair, which may well of had something to do with it. My car has less than 10,000 miles! I will call the dealer today but I've not seen anything on this on a 2014.

Update: the dealership said they had to recalibrate the airbag system and reset the codes. It isn't clear on why it came out of calibration.

40 minutes ago, RX400h said:

I found something similar?

I've got a guy...

They're a local shop with all the right stuff. 

I was YouTubing that problem hoping that there was something other than loose connectors under the seat because I had checked all those. 

All I found for this model were guys with $$$$$ scan tools doing a recal and reset. 

There's a occupancy sensor module under the seat. 

Raise the seat all the way up and forward. 

With enough light, glasses to see up close and small hands, you can chase the yellow wire sleeves around to check where they plug into for connection. 

Look for the connector that comes out of the middle back of the passenger seat. 

You have to rip up the velcroed flap at the back to see it. 

That's the sensor mat connector, the mat is just under the seat cover. 

Verify it's connection. 

The sensor module

Under the seat is black, about 3x3 on the left side, (as you face it from the back) middle to front on the bottom of the seat.

Confirm all the connectors are tight.

3 on the 350.

Try reset before all that, then again after checking everything if it didn't work.

Reset:

Turn on ignition, don't start, when you see the airbag light turn on, immediately turn off. 

Repeat 3 to 4x.

It's what I've learned so far in this class for the 350.

At this age, class time is getting expensive!

Edited by PODO