Lexus Sc300 Egr Valve / Manifold Question

Yesterday I changed the spark plugs on my 92 SC300. As I am finishing up and checking all the hoses and wires to make sure I re-installed them I notice that one is disconnected from a little emission control type valve at the back of the motor. AHA I think - I bet it will run even better when this is hooked up! So I did. It ran fine down round the block and back but when I pull in my garage it starts to idle funny, so I start to investigate. Apparently the valve I hooked the hose up to has something to do with the EGR valve (on top of it it says EGR - VM - which I am assuming stands for exhaust gas recirc vac manifold). So I unhooked the hose again and presto it runs smoother. But I notice that the hose is still pulling good vacuum, which in most cars you would plug up - but when I do it runs crappy.

So, I wanted to know if anyone had suggestion / possible cause for this problem. From reading other posts Im guessing that the EGR valve is plugged, but dont know for sure. Also If I remove the EGR valve would anyone have idea as to how to re-plumb the vacuum lines?

Any ideas, tips, suggestions, or previous experience with this would be appreciated!

Thanks

I had this same problem with another car in the past. It is a bad EGR valve. I just left it unplugged and it ran great. I only left it this way because I was getting rid of the car soon anyways. You may want to get it fixed.