Toyota Master Diagnostic Tech evaluated the ES 3xx Lineup

This video sold me on the ES 300h and ES 350 line-up.  An eminent pearl white hybrid w/cream interior, for the Mrs., should be in by Saturday.

I study all of his videos.  I do apologies if you have already seen this one.

He also talks about the past history of the "Transmission hunting problem" in the 350, and claims it's or was more of a distraction than a real problem.

I have watched this video before a few times....very good info!

I have not experienced any issues with the 8-speed automatic on my 2020 with 11,000 miles personally (of course I have done it's first 'drain & fill' with Amsoil 'Signature Series' ATF...with 2 more to go in the coming months. 

It shifted smooth before I changed the ATF....but it shifts even better now. 

:cheers:

Welcome back to the Lexus forum, Brenden.  I have followed your comments so far.  Sounds like you are happy to be back and driving an ES.

Most of my cars (Toyotas) have come from the Georgetown plant and I've had no problems with them. Ontario RXs have been just as good.

• Like 1

Nice looking car.  Are you happy with the gas milage?  My 12 Camry H (same drive train) has a NiMH battery. It met EPA of 41 all the time.

The new ones use the Lithium ion for U.S. cars, but still use the NiMH for those built for Canada.

12 hours ago, Les Lex 2018 said:

Nice looking car.  Are you happy with the gas milage?  My 12 Camry H (same drive train) has a NiMH battery. It met EPA of 41 all the time.

The new ones use the Lithium ion for U.S. cars, but still use the NiMH for those built for Canada.

Thanks.....I bought it used last year and was in really great shape. It's still getting 35-40 mpg's, so I'm really happy with the car. 

Couple of hints, Angie: If your are wondering around on the rural highways at 55, you will register 48 MPG, once the car is warmed up. For the first 5 - 6 miles, your MPG is no better than a non-hybrid. So short drives on a cold engine do not cut it.

Once you hit the interstate (we call I-565 the Kamikaze run) the MPG drops to 35 MPG or there about.

Now do this: Take your ride to a quiet street.  Make sure the H-Bat is fully charged. Put it in H-Bat-only. and start your drive slowly.  You should get about one mile away on the H-Bat before it forces the engine on due to low bat. I got one mile on the new hybrid.

Put this info in your manual.  Couple years down the road, try the same thing again and note how far you were able to drive.  Don't be upset if you don't make it to the same point.  The H-bat may be degrading, but that is normal and may not effect MPG.

The hybrid loves HOT running weather.  Colder the weather - MPG falls off.  

I will be testing the 2022 for the same benchmarks that the 2012 was put thru.  And I don't expect to see much improvement over the 2012. Surprises are alway welcome.