Exhaust Systems

I know there have been several questions regarding exhaust systems but I'm about to ask yet another. I'm looking for a good exhaust system for a 2000 GS400. I don't mind a system that's a little loud. I know there are systems from Borla, Greddy, HKS and Apexi. I've heard that the Borlas really aren't that loud but do provide a little rumble under acceleration. Does anyone know how the other systems sound? I've seen pictures of the HKS Hiper exhaust but I'm a little concerned about the size of the mufflers underneath. Now Greddy makes a system called the EVO where the muffler is offset in such a way that it's not as visible. Does anyone have this system installed? Lastly the more work I can do myself the better. Are these exhaust systems straight forward installs or am I looking at some considerable time on my back trying to get these systems to fit?

Slytimus,

Check Ltuned. It is a 30 min direct bolt on part and looks and sounds great. It works well with the OEM bumper. There is droning at 2Krpm, but you said you didn't mind the louder exhaust. check it out at www.l-tuned.com HTH

MAC

I know there have been several questions regarding exhaust systems but I'm about to ask yet another. I'm looking for a good exhaust system for a 2000 GS400. I don't mind a system that's a little loud. I know there are systems from Borla, Greddy, HKS and Apexi. I've heard that the Borlas really aren't that loud but do provide a little rumble under acceleration. Does anyone know how the other systems sound? I've seen pictures of the HKS Hiper exhaust but I'm a little concerned about the size of the mufflers underneath. Now Greddy makes a system called the EVO where the muffler is offset in such a way that it's not as visible. Does anyone have this system installed? Lastly the more work I can do myself the better. Are these exhaust systems straight forward installs or am I looking at some considerable time on my back trying to get these systems to fit?

I have a video clip of my GS430 with the greddy evo. if you send me your e-mail, i can send it to you.

• 2 years later...

I have a video clip of my GS430 with the greddy evo. if you send me your e-mail, i can send it to you.

Could I please this video clip as well? I'm also thinking of getting Greddy Evo II added to my GS400. Thanks in adv! Euro0779@aol.com is my email