• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:31 PM, Howard18 said:

UHaul installed a 2” hitch on my 2022 RX 450h. It looks great — very unobtrusive — and works great with my Thule bike rack. When I first put the car in reverse with the bike rack in place, it said BRAKE! and applied the brake. When I turn PKSA off, the rear sensors don’t light up on the display but the brake is still applied. When I turn PKSB off, the rear sensors light up on the display but at least I can reverse without the brake slamming on 

Hi...I'm looking to install a hitch at UHaul also.  Is your UHaul hitch the removable receiver one? Also did they have to modify or cut your bumper for it to fit?  Thank you.  Sunny

• 1 month later...

Bobby (or other), please let me know if you had success adding a hitch to your 2020 RX350L, including wiring? 

And whether the (Curt or other?) hitch you selected fit your 350L using spacers and/or without trimming the bumper or other plastic?  I'm also curious how you handled the rear door kick sensor? 

We recently purchased a 2022 RX350L off the lot, and it did not include the towing package (and thus no hitch), but does include the rear door kick sensor; so it sounds similar to your vehicle. 

I'm also having trouble finding any third-party hitches that are confirmed to fit the 2022.  I feel 99% sure that if the hitch fits the 2019+ RX350L that it will also fit our 2022, since nothing I've read would indicate any such change for this generation of the 350L's. 

Unfortunately I have not found a hitch to fit my 2022 Lexus RX450hL. Curt was contacted and replied they did not have a model number for this vehicle. Still no confident recommendations. Anyone who does, please reply. 

On 4/25/2023 at 6:42 PM, bcspeed said:

I just got a reply from e-trailer regarding the Curt Model C13394, and the response is good news for me and my `22 RX350L, I hope. 

See https://www.etrailer.com/question-694817.html?fb=yes

I installed this curt hitch on my RX350L and it looks great from the backside.  I'm pretty sure we lost the kick sensor rear door feature, but we weren't planning to use it very often, so an okay tradeoff.  I don't know if the (6) frame hitch holes on the RX350L are the same as those on the RX450hL, but am happy to provide dimensions if anyone would like. 

IMG_3029b.jpg

Thanks for the update Paul. If you don’t mind sharing the hole pattern or any other unique issues you ran into, please share. Sounds like you had very good success. Enjoy!

On 5/2/2023 at 6:02 PM, bcspeed said:

I installed this curt hitch on my RX350L and it looks great from the backside.  I'm pretty sure we lost the kick sensor rear door feature, but we weren't planning to use it very often, so an okay tradeoff.  I don't know if the (6) frame hitch holes on the RX350L are the same as those on the RX450hL, but am happy to provide dimensions if anyone would like. 

IMG_3029b.jpg

Attached is an image of the Curt hitch with the rough dimensions after installing on my RX350L. The instructions and e-trailer video were very helpful, and I installed mine w/o jacking-up the vehicle.  It did help to have jack-stands to support and raise the hitch against the frame.  And I did remove the bracket for the exhaust, but it's possible to install w/o moving it; but loosening it makes it easier to maneuver and handle the hitch placement above/around the exhaust. The hardest part was getting the last 2 bolts to align, but I used a long crowbar to slightly stretch-open the hitch < 0.25", which solved the alignment issue. Some have reported needing to enlarge the oval-like hole(s) in the hitch, but I didn't. 

Curt_13394_diagramEdits.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:12 PM, sunnys45 said:

Hi...I'm looking to install a hitch at UHaul also.  Is your UHaul hitch the removable receiver one? Also did they have to modify or cut your bumper for it to fit?  Thank you.  Sunny

U-haul tried to install  a hitch  for my 2022 RX 450h but it was too far recessed and the 2" receiver was tilting upward slightly? Did you have to make any modifications? What brand did they use on yours? picture?

On 5/2/2022 at 10:44 AM, Howard18 said:

Thanks for the informative reply. UHaul’s website says they can install a trailer hitch on a 2022 RX 450h; wondering if I should just go with that. 

Here's what trimming the appearance panel looks like:

image.png.3e6c8720edbdc26f93221c851a2a5d17.png

2 hours ago, Fernanduzzo said:

The images above are from my installation I just added 1/2” spacers between the frame and the Curt hitch and it fit perfectly