Lexus swag

Bykfixer

I'm always a sucker for promo stuff like stickers, hats and t-shirts. When I was a kid companies gave the stuff away. Then one day they figured out dummies (like me) will pay for the stuff. 

I discovered a site in Ohio called "the Lexus Collection", which carrys the swag that a Lexus dealer sells. My local dealer sells a bunch of apparel for golfer types and the jet-set community, but not a fat old pickup driving yahoo like me. 

I like a Lexus clad item on my key fob or drinking my decaf from a Lexus coffee cup at 6am. So I ordered those from the Lexus Collection along with a couple of baseball caps and an inkpen for my pen collection. 

40E1F55A-04AF-4F98-8BFC-7E0AE80A79A2.thumb.jpeg.976664f84a74a49c366c5553248baf50.jpeg

Recently I saw a hoody there made by a company called Independent Trading Company so I looked them up. They make apparel for a younger, more active sect than me. But the hoody called "polytech" is a big hit based on reviews I read. 85% polyester 15% cotton outter shell.  Zip off hood. Polar fleece liner. So I bought one from TLC. Feels like a hoody but softer. Wears like a hoody and if one chooses to remove the hood it has a collar. Sleeve cuffs have thumb holes. 

4173518E-CDF4-4145-ABA7-BCDF9FE8CA8A.thumb.jpeg.cf1351c2fcf45b86f63189428a1e998d.jpeg

Unlike a traditional hoody this one had a slight sheen at first. 

My wife has a die cut machine called crikut and last summer covered some drinking cups with expoxy resin. She die cut some GS 300 logos for my car and extras for a drinking cup covered with epoxy resin. 

5B9B12AD-7D30-4917-A9BD-D07D65E95978.thumb.jpeg.69a2ab2c042c7a0272f1a34456e96df9.jpeg

That's my favorite swag. ^^ 

• Like 1

Very nice! Is that a metal cup? You should also be able to find T-shirts with the Lexus logo. I have a Mazda one. There's a custom t-shirt store nearby. They can apply any kind of image to a shirt or shirts of your choice. I had them make a couple that are super-soft 100% cotton.

• Like 2

It's one of those vacuum sealed stainless inside, alluminum outside cups that you put 6 ice cubes in at 9am and still have ice at 4pm types. A Yeti knockoff if you will. 

Some don't like them because the stainless liner has some texture, which they say makes beer go flat prematurely. Since I don't drink beer as a rule (or soda) I cannot comment on that. 

I spray painted the outside with black krylon primer, let cure for a week, applied the stickers, then the Mrs put it on a "spit" type device, applied epoxy resin to slowly spin over night, then let it cure another week. The Mrs was experimenting with resins I stuck this one in the cue. 

14378D78-190E-428F-AA61-C215055D40AD.thumb.jpeg.27f4ffff1a1197439d258b235805bf79.jpeg

It matches my car 😃

The logos on the trunk are die cut stickers too. It came with logos removed so the Mrs cut me some accurate sized stick on vinyl replicas. 

The S&SPOG sticker is a club my son and I started back when we were restoring Honda Preludes using like new parts from junkyards. He was selling some hard to find stuff to other Prelude fans who called up Sanford & Son. So we started Sanford & Son Prelude Owner Guys. The O is a recycled symbol. 

• Like 1

Excellent. You can often cure urethanes and epoxies much faster by backing. I've made quite a few polyurethane shifter knobs during years past and post-curing them for 3 - 4 hours at 60C replaced letting then cure at room temperature for one week.
Dand, you are a Lexus guy!