Lexus RX400h brake backing plate compatibility?

I’m searching so sorry if this this been discussed already😳

Its known that the backing plates/shield rust like mad!! And the cost of a new one is silly expensive…..so I’m guessing that people either just bite the bullet and buy new (not an option for me), get rid of them, put a used pair or look for cheaper alternatives.

My questions: Cheaper alternatives? Does any of the Toyota brand models fit? (asking this for either new comparison option or to have a wider search bubble for used).

Experts or experienced step forward please🙏🏿 

Did you already research aftermarket brake pads? Maybe some are not nearly as expensive as OEM from the dealership.

18 hours ago, RX400h said:

Did you already research aftermarket brake pads? Maybe some are not nearly as expensive as OEM from the dealership.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but sorry if I was not clear. I’m talking about the shield or backing plate for the rear brake hub. (Not the plate at the back of the pad itself).

Edited by mcruiz67

If you can find one at an auto scrap yard, you can have it/them epoxy powder-coated. That should extend its life quite a bit. Many years ago, iron fences were simply painted. Now they are powder-coated and last much longer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RX400h said:

If you can find one at an auto scrap yard, you can have it/them epoxy powder-coated. That should extend its life quite a bit. Many years ago, iron fences were simply painted. Now they are powder-coated and last much longer.

Gotcha! Great idea thanks👍🏽