Oil filter canister assembly

ANCO 56

Hello to all: I have a 2022 RX350. I would like to know if the oil filter canister assembly on the vehicle is plastic or metal? If its plastic, is a metal one avaiable? Would replacing with a metal assembly void the vehicle warrantee? I have also seen that an adapter kit for a spin on filter is made as an aftermarket kit. Would that be recommended? Also, where can I purchase genuine Toyota oil filters without paying dealer prices. I plan on doing my own in between Scheduled service oil changes myself. I drive about 2500 mile every 6 mos., so I don't believe in that 10000-mile interval crap, I'll do every 6 Mos. myself

Any and all advice will be welcome. Thank you

Like you, I put on about the same miles.  So what I have been doing is going in for the first service about 18 months after I buy. Lexus does the rotation, tire pressure check, diagnostics and oil change plus a good car wash. Now you got about 18 plus months before you need to do your hands on DIY service. That puts you into 2025. So you got lots of time to figure out The who, what and where for stocking up on parts. Pitty the fool that commutes 50 miles one-way to work...

Yes Les. I have had my first 6 mos service already at dealership. In approx 2500 miles or 6 mos. it will be time for the year service. then after that it will be on me to cover oil changes.

I just want to be prepared for all I have been reading about overtightened filter canisters and leakage. I want to know best course of action as a preventative measure.                Either a metal canister or a spin on filter adapter. 

If you do have a problem, you'll get a Nasty Gram from Lexus  Enform telling you that your oil is low.  Great the you have a backup plan...

Let me know if they will give you another free oil change at far less than the 10,000 miles interval.  I forgot to ask!.

I don't go to Lexus to get my canister oil filters. I go straight to a Toyota dealer, it's the least expensive option for OEM oil filter.  Local Lexus dealer charges about $10 and not in-stock. Toyota about $5 and always stocked. O'reilly's carries oem but they want $15 and takes a day or 2 to get. 

11 hours ago, ANCO 56 said:

Thank you Lexi very good info

I will try my local Toyota dealer

part # 04152-YZZA1. You are right

my local Lexus dealer sells for $10.

Yeppers...it's the same dang part number and such a big diff in $$.... If any part(s) I need cross-reference with Toyota...I go straight to -yota dealer. They're less expensive, usually in stock, and if not can get next day.  (and they're much more friendly to deal with).