Disconnect dinging seat belt sound

• 2 years later...

The Carista OBD2 scanner supports turning off the annoying seatbelt dinger for driver and/or front passenger on many Lexus models. Sadly the red dash seatbelt light remains on, but at least that awful government-imposed ding-ding can be silenced. Maybe a friend with a decent scanner can check whether your particular Lexus model is supported.

The simplest way to get around the ding and the light are simple seat belt extensions. Put them in and leave them there.  No more lights or dings. 15 bucks a pair on Amazon

13 hours ago, Dean2 said:

The simplest way to get around the ding and the light are simple seat belt extensions. Put them in and leave them there.  No more lights or dings. 15 bucks a pair on Amazon

Yeah, agreed. 

For previous cars I've bought old seatbelt buckle keys from junk/scrap yards (the flat metal bit that clips into the seatbelt buckle).  However, not a single one in my collection fits in the ES350, so I used the OBD scanner to disable the ding.